Alaska; the largest State of U.S. and also the least populated; is situated in the Northwest extremity of America. It is a very big and beautiful area which has a very high rate of national and international tourism development.
Alaska has a large number of natural spaces and historic sites which work together to build the beauty of the State. It is visited by thousands annual visitors from all over the world. Here are some advises for your trip to Alaska.
The best attractions and activities in Alaska
Natural spaces and wild creatures are the most important attractions of Alaska. These include wonderful national parks, incredible mountains, shorelines and seaside spots.
However it has amazing museums and other historic sites to discover. The commonest activities of visitors are hiking, kayaking, padding, fishing, surfing, skiing and taking a road trip to experience unusual creatures that are hidden in the remote places. Here are some of the best attractions in Alaska.
- The best National Parks: Denali National Park, Kenai Fjords National Park, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve, Sitka National Historical Park, Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve.
- The best places for hiking and climbing: Kenai River Trail, Exit Glacier, Winner Creek, Kesugi Ridge, Lost Lake Trail, Skyline Trail, Falls Creek Trail, Resurrection Pass
- The best museums and historic sites: University of Alaska Museum of the North, Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum, Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center, Oscar Anderson House Museum, Castle Hill, Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church, SS Nenena, 2300 Airport Way, Skagway Historic District, Russian Bishop's House, Tongass National Forest
The best hotels to stay in Alaska
Alaska has a great number of luxury hotels which ensure the stay of visitors who what to have a good time in this location. Almost all over Alaska is possible for your accommodation.
Online travel agencies like eDreams are there to help you find and book the best hotel of your preference. Among the best hotels in Alaska are:
- Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
- Hotel Alyeska
- The Hotel Captain Cook
- Embassy Suites Anchorage
- Westmark Anchorage
- Dimond Center Hotel
- Hilton Anchorage
- Inlet Tower Hotel & Suite
- Holyday Inn Express Anchorage
- Historic Anchorage Hotel
The best restaurants in Alaska
If you want to have food outdoor, you can choose from the best restaurants around your home in Alaska. Many restaurants are available to spend great meal time during your visit. So here are some good places to eat where you can taste Alaskan food:
- Homestead Restaurant
- Crow's Nest
- The Saltry
- South Restaurant and Coffeehouse
- Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria
- Snowcity Café
- Gwennie's Old Alaska Restaurant
Booking a flight to Alaska
There are many ways to book your flight for Alaska. But the easiest and quickest is to contact online travel agencies. It allows you to choose the right online companies and book your flight online. You can trust in eDreams for your flight booking. They have the ability to contact the best airline companies which lead you to Alaska.